Biogas Technology :Towards Sustainable Development
The global demand for energy is met mainly by fossil fuels. Their excessive and indiscriminate use, coupled with increasing demand for energy, will soon deplete their existing reserves. Therefore, it is extremely important to find alternative, environment-friendly, and ecologically sound sources of energy for meeting the present and future energy requirements. Biogas Technology: towards sustainable development makes an attempt to explore the potential of utilizing biodegradable biomass as fuel and manure.
• Discusses the biomethanation process in detail.
• Highlights the utility of biogas as a renewable source of energy.
• Explains the evolution, scope, and potential of biogas technology.
• Depicts popular biogas plant models.
• Provides useful information on carbon credit and highlights the environmental implications of the biomethanation process.
• Presents a knowledge base to biologists, academicians, farmers, and agricultural scientists, who will gain in terms of understanding the basic concepts and applications of the biomethanation technology.
• Provides information on installing biogas plants for meeting energy and manure demands.
Table of Contents
• Biogas technology
• Anaerobic digestion
• Biogas plant models
• Biogas as energy source
• Biogas spent slurry as manure
• Biogas and environment
• Biogas and global warming
• Biogas and rural development.
You may also like...
- Ecology and Environment Regular Price 795.00 Special Price 715.00
- Health Effects of Pesticides Regular Price 395.00
- From Sunlight to Electricity : A practical handbook on solar photovoltaic applications (Third Edition) Regular Price 250.00 Special Price 225.00
- Health Effects of Pesticides Regular Price 395.00 Special Price 355.00