Health Effects of Pesticides
The need to protect scarce and essential resources from other living things is truly prehistoric, but it is only in the last century that toxic chemicals have come into widespread use. Although pesticides are useful in agricultural sector and in control of vectorborne diseases, they may cause illness and death in humans. People most susceptible to direct contact with pesticides are subjects constantly exposed to pesticides either in the agricultural sector or in the pesticide manufacturing sector. Today, it is almost impossible for anyone to avoid frequent exposure to several different pesticide residues because of their extensive use. No wonder there is concern about possible adverse effects on human health arising from continual, long-term, and low-level pesticide exposure.
Health Effects of Pesticides covers various aspects of the use of pesticides, their behaviour, degradation, and impacts on the agrarian environment. It focuses on pesticide poisoning incidents and farm practices in developing countries. The health impacts of pesticides, including neurological, respiratory, and dermal effects, are examined. Other repercussions caused as a result of pesticides, including reproductive abnormalities and cancer, are comprehensively discussed. Effects of pesticides on general health and agrarian health surveys have been touched upon.
environmental health, public health, toxicology, pesticides, technology and engineering
Students and researchers in field of environmental health, public health, toxicology, environmental engineers, pesticide manufacturers, local and state policymakers.
Table of Contents
- Concerns about Pesticides in the Agrarian Environment
- Pesticide Poisoning Incidents and Farm
- Practices in Developing Countries
- Pesticides Used in Developing Countries
- Health Impacts of Pesticides
- Agrarian Health Surveys
- Preventive Strategies
You may also like...
- TERI Green Library Set (more than 110 beautifully illustrated knowledge books and resources) Regular Price 19000.00 Special Price 14999.00
- Ecology and Environment Regular Price 595.00 Special Price 535.00
- Health Effects of Pesticides Regular Price 395.00
- From Sunlight to Electricity : A practical handbook on solar photovoltaic applications (Third Edition) Regular Price 250.00 Special Price 225.00