A Textbook of Municipal Solid Waste Analysis
- Author(s): Suneel Pandey, Abdul Rafey, M Humam Zaim Faruqi and and Faisal Zia Siddiqui
- Size: 160 mm x 240 mm
- Pages: 130
- Availability: Digital Only
- ISBN: 9788195077618
- Cover Price:
Rs.595.00 / US $42.00
- Special Price: Rs. 535.00 / US $37.00
Municipal solid waste (MSW) has become a tenacious problem, mainly due to the absence of adequate expertise and experience, thereby leading to its improper handling and management. This results in considerable environmental pollution and health hazards. Looking towards the pathetic situation of solid waste management, it can be established that the MSW has become a major challenge for the cities across the globe.
A Textbook of Municipal Solid Waste Analysis covers the analysis techniques, methods, guidelines, standards, and protocols aimed at effective management and reduction of MSW. To facilitate understanding, both theoretical and practical approaches of MSW analysis are extensively covered. Contents are supplemented by questions for the readers to realize better comprehension of each chapter. The book is intended to provide students, teachers, scientists, and field practitioners with comprehensive analysis techniques and strategies for reducing MSW generation, and in applying the concept of resource recovery and waste-to-energy. A Textbook of Municipal Solid Waste Analysis would be a valuable resource not only to academic and industry professionals, engaged in treatment and analysis of MSW but also as a complete, solution-oriented enchiridion to the scientific community.
• A better understanding of MSW analysis will contribute to safe and economical MSW management.
• Exhaustive collection of MSW analysis techniques and help the readers to understand experimental procedures in a concise manner.
• The book addresses various MSW treatment processes involved and the parameters to be considered prior to selecting a particular process.
• A must-have book in the context of both Indian and global conditions for arriving at practical solutions pertaining to MSW analysis and treatment.
• Comprehensive discussion on MSW analysis methods and techniques and thus will serve as a guide and inspiration for future researches into the realm of MSW analysis.
Table of Contents
From the Experts’ Desk
Laboratory Safety Rules
1. Sampling and Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
1.1 Sources of Municipal Waste Generation
1.2 Impacts of Municipal Solid Waste on Health and Environment
1.3 Need for Municipal Solid Waste Sampling and Analysis
1.4 Methodology and Approach for Municipal Solid Waste Sampling
1.5 Municipal Solid Waste Sampling Methodology
2. Physical Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
2.1 Determination of pH of Municipal Solid Waste
2.2 Determination of Bulk Density and True Density of Municipal Solid Waste
2.3 Determination of Moisture Content of Municipal Solid Waste
2.4 Determination of Physical Composition of Municipal Solid Waste
2.5 Determination of Particle Size and Size Distribution of Municipal Solid Waste
2.6 Determination of Total Solids and Volatile Solids of Municipal Solid Waste
2.7 Determination of Field Capacity and Permeability of Municipal Solid Waste
3. Chemical Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
3.1 Determination of Gross and Net Calorific Value of Municipal Solid Waste
3.2 Determination of Organics in Municipal Solid Waste by Loss on Ignition Method
3.3 Proximate Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
3.4 Ultimate Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
3.5 Determination of Total Nitrogen in Municipal Solid Waste
4. Biological Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste
4.1 Determination of Cellulose Content in Municipal Solid Waste
4.2 Determination of Hemicellulose Content in Municipal Solid Waste
4.3 Determination of Lignin Content in Municipal Solid Waste
5. Identification and Selection of Municipal Solid Waste Treatment Technologies
5.1 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Pelletization
5.2 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Briquetting
5.3 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Pyrolysis
5.4 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Incineration
5.5 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Biomethanation
5.6 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Composting
5.7 Municipal Solid Waste Analysis and Gasification
Appendix I: Unit Conversion
Appendix II: Error Analysis in an Experiment
Appendix III: Standards for Compost
Appendix IV: Standards for Discharge of Treated Leachate
Appendix V: Standards for Incineration
About the Authors
You may also like...
- Treatment of Urban Solid Waste: Engineering and Integrated Management Regular Price 550.00 Special Price 495.00
- Industrial Solid Wastes Regular Price 275.00 Special Price 248.00
- Wealth from Waste: trends and technologies(Third Edition) Regular Price 750.00 Special Price 675.00
- Management of Municipal Solid Waste Regular Price 450.00 Special Price 405.00