Industrial Solid Wastes
Industrial solid wastes, unlike liquid effluents and gaseous emissions, receive relatively less attention in terms of treatment, reuse, recycle, and recovery of useful by-products. These solid wastes have great potential for recovery and reuse.
Predominantly organic wastes can be effectively treated by biological means to yield useful end products like methane gas as fuel and digested slurry as soil conditioner.
Inert materials like plastics are effectively blended with other building materials, thereby improving the quality of the finished product and at least partially solving the problem of disposal of plastics. Inorganic wastes are excellent candidates for recovery of reusable building materials like sand and fine aggregate. Recycling of useful components from e-wastes goes a long way in reducing environmental pollution by toxic and hazardous wastes.
This book places before the reader different ways and means used by scientists and engineers to minimize pollution of our natural resources and their overexploitation.
Engineers, scientists, consultants, and faculty of institutes engaged in teaching Environmental Pollution Control.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Organic Industrial Solids
· Sewage Treatment Plants · Textile Industry · Animal Husbandry Industry · Sugar Industry · Pulp and Paper Industry · Fermentation Industry · Vegetable Oil, Food, and Allied Industries · Agricultural Residues · Petroleum, Petrochemical, and Fertilizer Industries · Rubber Wastes ·Plastics
Section 2: Inorganic Industrial Solids
· Water Treatment Plants · Engineering Industry
Section 3: Treatment Plant Sludges
· Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant Sludges · Sludge Dewatering Devices
You may also like...
- Catalogue of Indian Emission Inventory Reports
- Environmental Studies (Second Edition) Regular Price 325.00 Special Price 293.00
- Hydro-politics in GBM Basin : The Case of Bangladesh-India Water Relations Regular Price 595.00 Special Price 535.00
- Capabilities and Governance of Nanotechnology in the Developing World: Insights from India Regular Price 500.00 Special Price 450.00