Reclaiming the Blue Earth: connecting people with water-related issues
Reclaiming the Blue Earth aims to generate awareness and develop consciousness about water use, reuse, and reclamation. The book also makes the readers realize their strength and role; change their thoughts, perspectives, and attitude towards the use and misuse of water. Contents are developed to sensitize people towards the use and reclamation of wastewater through critical thinking and problem-solving. The text has been supplemented with simple solutions for effectively dealing with potential problems related to water at homes and in the community at large. Let us take a step forward to save water for our future generations.
Table of contents:
1. Water in Our World
2. Water in Our Life
3. Water Footprints: Direct and Virtual
4. How Blue is the Blue Planet: Water Scarcity Around the World
5. Wastewater at Homes
6. Being Water Wise: Using and Reclaiming Wastewater
7. India's Policies, Perspectives and Initiatives for Re-using Wastewater
8. Goal 6 for India: Working towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
9. My Water Goals: Everyone Can Make a Difference
About the Authors
Ms Neha is an Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) practitioner with more than 18 years of work experience. She is actively involved in curating, conceptualizing, designing, and developing various environment education programmes through formal and non-formal teaching methods. Along with being instrumental in developing teachers training modules on energy, water, and climate change, Ms Neha has pioneered both digital and board games development for students across age groups. She has authored multiple books and manuals, and has been involved in content development of newsletters, films, and other IEC materials. Her latest publication, Save the Rain, was declared as a National Bestseller and awarded in the category of Children Books by The Federation of Indian Publishers. She has also contributed in the development of training modules for teachers on the gaps identified in existing curriculum for middle school and has given trainings to teachers to enable them to adopt it in their regular teaching– learning practices.
Ms Pragya Gaur is a curriculum and content design specialist with over 14 years of experience in the field of education. She has worked with various international and national organizations for developing training material for students and teachers for Science and STEM (K-12) for both digital and print platforms. She has extensive experience in writing books, training manuals, and designing story boards that include differentiated, gamified and higher order thinking-based assessments. She has piloted and implemented programmes based on sustainable development for schools and mentored students and teachers. She has contributed as subject matter expert, writer, editor or reviewer in more than 40 books published by different organizations.
You may also like...
- Lets Save the Rain Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Caring for Nature: The troubled waters (Rescuing the Ganga) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Why Should I Save Water? : A smart kid's guide to a green world Regular Price 250.00 Special Price 225.00
- Water: why it matters Regular Price 295.00 Special Price 265.00