The Disappearing Beach and Other Nature Stories
Can a smelly monster threaten a town? Or tiny creatures organise a river clean-up? Polythene bags, glass bottles, and paper sheets need to be recycled and a homesick mudskipper tells stories about his mangrove home! Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? And that’s not all…
Ramu, the fisher boy, misses his vanished beach, Rina’s trying hard to find out where all that sand comes from, Rahul’s head is exploding with questions about volcanoes, while Mina’s looking for ideas to celebrate World Environment Day!
Can anyone help these kids?
The Disappearing Beach and other nature stories is a collection of nine tales about problems affecting our environment and with useful clues on how to tackle them.
• A Monster on the Prowl
• Dragon Mountain
• What’s in a Glass?
• Pappy, the Paper Sheet
• The Mangrove Fish
• The Disappearing Beach
• What a Waste!
• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
• Useful Little Plastic Bag
• Let’s Have Fun
About the Author
Nabanita Deshmukh is a teacher and writer of children’s stories and poems. She believes that stories have the power to transform children’s attitudes and has spent considerable time with indigenous and village communities to learn about oral traditions and folklore. She is currently working on getting stories into classrooms as a means of spreading awareness about the environment and other cultures.
Nabanita is an alumna of Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education (Pondicherry), an alternative education school. She has also been a consultant at Azim Premji Foundation and has worked with government school teachers on the use of interactive modes of teaching.
Nabanita contributes articles and rhymes to various children’s magazines and has published more than 500 stories till date.
You may also like...
- Lucy and the Train: Tryst with Sustainability Regular Price 190.00 Special Price 171.00
- Surviving Disasters : Indrani's Adventures in Plunder land (The Story of Earth’s Contamination) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Carbon Footprint: reducing it for a better tomorrow Regular Price 250.00 Special Price 225.00
- Caring for Nature: King Ashoka and the garden of herbs (A lesson from history about trees and plants and their benefits) Regular Price 125.00 Special Price 112.00