Renewable Energy in the Sundarbans
The 54 islands that comprise the Sundarbans are today highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. However, the success of the renewable energy programme, which was initiated in the islands in the early 1990s, has been so remarkable that the Sundarbans may be considered a rather unique hub of stand-alone renewable energy systems. Renewable energy in the Sundarbans provides a detailed insight into this programme. Beginning with the conceptual stage, the book goes on to describe the programme in its entirety, aided by interviews and visuals
• Various authors from diverse fields have contributed to this book.
• The chapters give a first-hand-account of the development of renewable energy in the Sundarbans.
• The book carries visuals of the development projects undertaken in the Sundarbans.
• The book makes an interesting read for students, technocrats, and lay person alike.
• The structure and language of the book has been kept simple for easy comprehension.
It has been authored by technocrats, researchers, students, renewable energy entrepreneurs, reporters, and professional writers. Written in a succinct and pithy style, the book is aimed at students as well as non-specialist readers.
Table of Contents
• Bengal’s natural protection: the Sundarbans edge • Folk, flora, fauna: dramatis personae on the sandy stage • Solarized Sundarbans • Approaches to electrification of remote villages: • relevance of the Sundarbans experience • Distributed generation and rural electrification • in the Sundarbans • Overview of off-grid power supply through renewable energy and its social impact • Sagar Island’s wind-diesel hybrid power project:a social assessment • Wind-diesel hybrid technology • Sundarbans: an attractive destination for the students • of renewable energy Konrad Blum, Indradip Mitra, and Torsten Broeer • Resolving the energy crisis through tidal power:the ecological challenge • Renewable energy projects in Sundarbans: a reporter’s view
You may also like...
- Books for MNRE Scientist-B (Group A - Gazetted) Exam Regular Price 550.00 Special Price 550.00
- Carbon Capture, Storage, and Utilization Regular Price 950.00 Special Price 855.00
- DSM Action Plan for Tamil Nadu
- Multiple Choice Questions on Renewable Energy Regular Price 395.00 Special Price 356.00