Towards cleaner technologies: A Process story in Small-Scale Foundries
- Author(s): Prasanto Pal
- Size: 180 mm × 240 mm
- Pages: 100
- Binding: Paperback
- Weight: 340 gms
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9788179930892
- Cover Price:
Rs.200.00 / US $15.00
- Special Price: Rs. 180.00 / US $14.00
In India, small and micro enterprises or SMiEs comprise a wide variety of units, ranging from tiny artisan-based cottage industries and household enterprises to small-scale manufacturing firms. There is great diversity among them?in their patterns of ownership, organizational structures, technologies, financial status, and other characteristics. However, SMiEs have a few common features as well. In general, an SMiE is managed by its owner(s) in a personalized way; it has a relatively small share of the market in financial terms; and its small and independent nature makes it relatively free from outside control in decision-making. SMiE operators and workers usually acquire their skills by tradition; these skills are transmitted through the generations with minimal change or upgradation.
You can download the PDF of sample pages
by clicking on the 'download now' link placed above.
You may also like...
- Carbon Capture, Storage, and Utilization Regular Price 950.00 Special Price 855.00
- DSM Action Plan for Tamil Nadu
- Dictionary of Energy: Indian Edition Regular Price 1750.00 Special Price 1575.00
- Defining an integrated energy strategy for India: Ensuring security, sufficiency, and sustainability Regular Price 180.00 Special Price 162.00