TerraGreen (WSDS 2022 Special Issue)
- Size: 200 mm x 280 mm
- Pages: 66
- Language: English
The Twenty First Edition of the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS), was held from 16th to 18th February, 2022 in a virtual format. The Summit deliberations focussed on the umbrella theme: Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future.
The onslaught of extreme weather events around the world has brought to the forefront on how human well-being and the health of our planet are inextricably linked. Just and equitable implementation of climate and environmental policies need to go hand in hand with broader sustainable development objectives. The present state of planetary health along with pandemic-driven socioeconomic crises call for a revisit on questions related to global ambition and measures for sustainable development. Responses should be viewed from the perspective of planetary resilience, and responses to the pandemic must be right for humans as well as Planet Earth. This WSDS special edition of TerraGreen covers a wide range of contributions on adaptation, biodiversity finance, India's leadership, climate resilience, and planetary health.
WSDS 2022 was supported by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in partnership with the Royal Norwegian Embassy [Country Partner]; Bloomberg Philanthropies [Star Partner]; Tata Cleantech Capital [Premier Partner]; The Rockefeller Foundation [Premier Partner]; The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection & International Climate Initiative [Senior Partner]; ClimateWorks Foundation [Senior Partner]; The World Bank [Senior Partner]; and European Union and The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH [Senior Partner].
Table of Contents
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems by Namita Vikas
- Financing Climate Action in India by Rana Pujari
- A Vote for Radical Inclusion by UNICEF India WASH Team
- Proposed National Mission on Biodiversity and Human Well-being by Nandan Nawn
- Fostering Sustainable and Resilient Agro-Food Futures in India by Manish Anand
- Making India’s Infrastructure Climate-Ready by Shreya Wadhawan and Abinash Mohanty
- IFAT India
- Combating Climate Change by Manish Chourasia
- Towards a Resilient Planet by Drishya Pathak, Komal Mittal, and Philo Magdalene A,
- Sundaa Bridgett-Jones, Chief Partnerships & Advocacy Officer
- Fostering Community-based Conservation in Nagaland, Northeast India by Siddharth Edake
- Climate Consequences: If India Sneezes by Anjali Jaiswal, M Joshi, and S Kwatra.
- Sustainability and Businesses by Arghadeep Das
- Humans for Earth by Aparna Choudhuri
- Responsible Business Action by Ryan Pathak
- Save Soil Movement
- Act4Earth Strategy Paper
WSDS 2022 HIGHLIGHT
You may also like...
- Environment Chronicles-II: The best of TerraGreen Regular Price 295.00 Special Price 266.00
- TerraGreen (a monthly digital magazine on environmental issues) Regular Price 840.00 Special Price 840.00