Climate Change: Is it getting any better?
- Author(s): TERI
- Size: 185 mm x 240 mm
- Pages: 40
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
Climate change is happening right here, right now. It is influencing human lives directly through impacts on health and the risk of extreme weather events on lives, livelihoods and human settlements. Indirectly, it impacts food security and the viability of natural resource-based economic activity. This book enables children to understand what climate change is, how we know it is happening, and what this might mean for the future. It also highlights the importance of behavioural changes which are required at individual level to decrease their carbon footprint and counter their impacts into our future. Further, the book encourages children using fun activities to research, investigate how and why things happen, and make their own decisions about environmental issues.
So, Get Set Explore!
This book is supported by ONGC TERI Biotech Limited (OTBL) and made for distribution under OTBL TERI programme ‘Protectors of the Environment’ only.
Table of Contents
- How Climate Works
- Rising Temperatures
- Melting Glaciers, Threatened Species
- Weather Gone Wild
- Survival at Risk
- Who Caused This Mess?
- Role Of Clean Energy
- Limiting the Consequences
- Preparing for Climate Change
- What Can I Do That Matters?
- How Big is Your Carbon Footprint?
You may also like...
- Enviro-Challenge, Second Edition: a compilation of the best of Green Olympiad (for Class 6 to 10) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- How Wondrous is that: Nature's Bizarre Regular Price 185.00 Special Price 167.00
- Healthy Happy Me: Easy-Peasy guide to awesome health Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Let's Get Active : Learning about Flowers (An illustrated activity book that teaches young learners all about Flowers) Regular Price 125.00 Special Price 112.00