Why Should I Save Energy?: A smart kid’s guide to a green world
Did you know that energy consumption by humans has increased by at least 30,000 times in the last 5000 years? In Delhi alone, there are over 80,000 trucks that run on the city roads every night. They emit un-burnt fossil fuels from their exhausts. Isn’t it terrifying that over 1 million seabirds and 100,000 sea mammals are killed by pollution every year?
Why Should I Save Energy? is a comprehensive book that will introduce children to different forms of energy, history of fossil fuels, great scientists and their inventions, and more importantly, to the problems our planet faces with depletion of natural resources. Filled with eye-opening facts, beautiful pictures, multiple activities, and a quiz that helps reinforce learning; this book is the perfect guide to help you become an energy saver.
Table of Contents
• Energy Here, Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
• Made Yesterday, Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?
• Effects of Pollution on Our Environment
• History of Fossil Fuels
• Save Energy, Save the Future
• Climate Change Calamity
• The Planet Needs You To Change
• Recycling to Save Energy
• Exploring Alternate Renewable Sources of Energy
• Acitivity 1
• Activity 2
• Activity 3
Other books in this series:
Why Should I Eat Healthy: A-Z of Food and Nutrition Guide (ISBN: 9789386530035)
Why Should I Protect Nature?: A smart kid’s guide to a green world (ISBN: 9788179936627)
Why Should I Recycle? (A Smart kid's guide to a green world) (ISBN: 9788179934500)
Why Should I Save Water? (A Smart kid's guide to a green world) (ISBN: 9788179933695)
About the Author
Abhas Bhardwaj has studied botany and economics. Currently, he works as a market researcher. He has an avid interest in the environment and likes to share his enthusiasm with young minds. In his inimitable style, he likes to approach serious questions with humour.
You may also like...
- Enviro-Challenge, Second Edition: a compilation of the best of Green Olympiad (for Class 6 to 10) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- How Wondrous is that: Nature's Bizarre Regular Price 185.00 Special Price 167.00
- Healthy Happy Me: Easy-Peasy guide to awesome health Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Let's Get Active : Learning about Flowers (An illustrated activity book that teaches young learners all about Flowers) Regular Price 125.00 Special Price 112.00