- Author(s): Lata Vishwanath
- Size: 140 mm x 215 mm
- Pages: 210
- Binding: Paperdback
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9788179935323
- Cover Price:
Rs.295.00 / US $21.00
- Special Price: Rs. 266.00 / US $19.00
While growing up in northern India, away from her native place, the author was often intrigued by her agriculturist grandfather’s constant letters to the Indian government. More than a decade after his death, she delves deep into the letters he left behind and unravels a fascinating saga of her agriculturist family in her ancestral village in the southern state of Karnataka.
In an evocative narrative that spans over a century, the author takes the readers on a journey to her ancestral land and depicts her grandfather’s life through the various anecdotes she has collected over time. A dedicated farmer, he passionately fought for farmers’ rights till the end of his life. Part memoir, part history and part reportage bordering on fiction, Autumn Showers narrates the dynamic tale of the quintessential Indian society woven closely around agriculture and also details the challenges agriculture today faces in India and the world.
About The Author
Lata holds a BE degree in electronics and telecommunication from Jabalpur University, India, and an MPhil in materials science from the University of Malaya, Malaysia. She moved to Singapore with her family in 1998. Prior to making her foray into writing, she worked with the Institute of Materials Science and Research, a premier research institute under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore.
You may also like...
- Environmental Studies (Second Edition) Regular Price 325.00 Special Price 293.00
- Capabilities and Governance of Nanotechnology in the Developing World: Insights from India Regular Price 500.00 Special Price 450.00
- The Land of the Setting Sun & Other Nature Tales Regular Price 250.00 Special Price 225.00
- Environmental Studies: basic concepts Regular Price 295.00 Special Price 265.00