The Story of Clothes
(Care for your clothes. Care for the environment)
Prehistoric people made clothes to protect themselves from harsh weather. Since then, clothing has gone through so many changes, the first users of clothes may not recognise them today. From thick animal skins to clever clothes that keep you warm in winter and cool in summer, clothing keeps getting smarter and more fashionable. Although the cloth industry makes a variety of fabrics that are made into clothes, curtains, towels, quilts, and bags that we use every day, it also uses lots of power to run the looms that make the cloth. The Story of Clothes offers smart, green solutions to practice the 3Rs to green our wardrobes. It also brings you news of green initiatives, like creating synthetic fabric from recycled plastic PET bottles and organic fabrics from soy plants.
Other titles in the series:
• The Story of Computer (ISBN: 9788179935118)
• The Story of Food (ISBN: 9788179935088)
• The Story of House (ISBN: 9788179935125)
• The Story of Paper (ISBN: 9788179935057)
• The Story of Transport (ISBN: 9788179935095)
Table of Contents:
- Is that your skin?
- Cover story
- Clothes speak if you listen
- Fibre to fabric
- That’s also clothing
- Clothes and hygiene
- The finished look
- Fashion industry
- Eco-friendly clothing
- Green fashion
About the Author:
A journalist and children's author, Benita Sen has written several books — fiction and non-fiction — for children and young people. A couple of her stories have been included in English textbooks by a leading publisher. And some of her stories have earned recommendations internationally. Her fact book on Polar Creatures has been recommended by a university in North America as an excellent source for individual reading and research, and her story Yakity Yak was selected for the Fifth Nami Island International Children’s Book Festival in Korea in 2010. Also, her stories find a place in compilations of well-known organizations like Association of Writers and Illustrators and National Foundation for Communal Harmony.
You may also like...
- Enviro-Challenge, Second Edition: a compilation of the best of Green Olympiad (for Class 6 to 10) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- How Wondrous is that: Nature's Bizarre Regular Price 185.00 Special Price 167.00
- Healthy Happy Me: Easy-Peasy guide to awesome health Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Let's Get Active : Learning about Flowers (An illustrated activity book that teaches young learners all about Flowers) Regular Price 125.00 Special Price 112.00