The Coal Dilemma
- Author(s): S K Chand
- Size: 140 mm × 220 mm
- Pages: 108
- Binding: Paperback
- Weight: 240 gms
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9788179931158
- Cover Price:
Rs.295.00 / US $20.00
- Special Price: Rs. 266.00 / US $18.00
While oil prices have reached record levels globally, considerable attention is being directed towards different sources of energy, both conventional as well as non-conventional, that would define our energy future. For a country like India reliance on the use of coal as a major source of energy is an imperative that is not likely to change in the foreseeable future. Yet, coal remains a source of energy about which the public and even policymakers do not know enough. This book attempts to demystify the issue of coal in India by providing a thought-provoking analysis of the current and future availability of this important source of energy, while looking at the range of issues that will be critical for us to move towards an efficient and cleaner coal-economy in the coming decades.
• The book describes the management of coal in an efficient way.
• Graphs, tables, and photographs support the chapters.
• The easy-to-comprehend language makes this book an interesting read.
• References are given at the end for readers to explore this issue further.
Mining industry, geology students, government organizations, stakeholders.
Table of Contents
• The coal dilemma: achieving resurgent India’s energy security and economic development
• Coal supply: the fallacy of abundance
• Coal seam to mine-mouth: the extraction story
• The dilemma of coal beneficiation
• Coal consumption in India: posing burning questions
• Last window of opportunity
You may also like...
- Coal: Phase down or phase out Regular Price 299.00 Special Price 270.00
- Carbon Capture, Storage, and Utilization Regular Price 950.00 Special Price 855.00
- DSM Action Plan for Tamil Nadu
- Dictionary of Energy: Indian Edition Regular Price 1750.00 Special Price 1575.00