Our Earth, Our Environment, Our Lives: Build a Sustainable Future with Energy Efficiency and Clean Energy
- Author(s): TERI
- Size: 185 mm x 240 mm
- Pages: 80
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
Energy issues are featured in every form of media on just about every single day. These issues baffle the minds of young and old alike. The internet is a great resource for our Qs and As; but usually either the complexity of the text makes it incomprehensible or the magnitude of the content makes the reader / learner nervous.
This book offers a balanced and well-informed perspective with a discussion about the outlook for the future. Burning issues such as pollution, energy conservation and efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable living are addressed with expert views and case studies that augment the content and can be used to stimulate debate and aid in classroom. The organized and self-explanatory units provide a balanced and chronological presentation of information. The activities and audits are designed in a way that will create awareness of our surroundings and teach us to work in a team, and in turn help in building a nation with sensitized groups of citizens.
This book is made for distribution under TERI BRPL programme ‘Energy Wise Energy Rise’ only and supported by BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL).
Table of Contents
- What Is Energy?
- What Is Electricity?
- Pollution Is Killing Us
- Industrial Pollution
- Transport Pollution
- Agricultural Pollution
- Residential and Commercial Pollution
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Is Sustainable
- How Energy Efficient Are You?
- The Green Quiz
- Safe Solar Water
- Pollution Perils
You may also like...
- Build a Sustainable Environment: Module on Energy, Water and Waste
- Enviro-Challenge, Second Edition: a compilation of the best of Green Olympiad (for Class 6 to 10) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- How Wondrous is that: Nature's Bizarre Regular Price 185.00 Special Price 167.00
- Healthy Happy Me: Easy-Peasy guide to awesome health Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00