Experimental Studies: Experiments Projects Activities Book 2
Environmental Studies: Experiments,Projects, Activities – Book 2, includes a variety of Do-it-Yourself ideas, games, surveys, audits, projects, and experiments. The activities are based on an array of subjects such as water conservation, pollution, 3Rs, waste management, weather, and natural environment. These themes highlight environmental challenges, offer solutions, and aid learning in a fun way. In a nutshell, the book:
- Cultivates a deep understanding and awareness about environmental issues.
- Includes curriculum-specific concepts in a step-by-step easy to follow format.
- Serves as a guide to environmental science projects and coursework during school vacation.
- Provides ideas, which can be modified by instructors, for project submissions, and eco-club activities.
- Develops cognitive and psycho-motor skills through observation, classification, inference, and experimentation.
- Adheres to the Integrated Approach, and follows various objectives laid down in the National Curriculum Framework 2005, NCERT.
- Bury your Garbage!
- Compost It!
- Junk It! Go Healthy!
- Breeze Through
- How Windy Is It?
- Tambola Time!
- Safe Solar Water
- Water Underground
- Love Food, Dislike Waste!
- Pollution Perils
- Go Natural!
- Guess the Tree
- Did You Feel It?
- Hold On!
- Testing Time!
- Drip Drop, Drip Drippity Drop
- Wealth from Waste
- Save the Earth!
- Multiple Choice Questions
About the Authors:
Ms Vidhu Narayanan has been teaching science at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi for nearly two decades. She is also the in charge of the school’s science activity centre. Over these years, she has involved herself in several other activities too in and outside the school. To name some, she has developed several teaching resources like activities and science games at the school to enhance the teaching-learning process, authored junior school and middle school science textbooks for a couple of established publishing houses, and developed content and co-authored books on science activities for CBSE-i (CBSE International) and CBSE.
Ms Syamala Srivatsa has been teaching Science at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi for over 25 years. She holds a Master’s degree in Education and is constantly trying to integrate science teaching with life skills. Her activity-based approach to teach students in the Science Activity Centre enables them to not only enjoy the learning but get hands-on experience as well. A CBSE resource person, she has also contributed to the academic work associated with CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) and CEE (Centre for Environment Education). Apart from teaching, she has co-authored books for NCERT and science activity books for CBSE.
You may also like...
- Enviro-Challenge, Second Edition: a compilation of the best of Green Olympiad (for Class 6 to 10) Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- How Wondrous is that: Nature's Bizarre Regular Price 185.00 Special Price 167.00
- Healthy Happy Me: Easy-Peasy guide to awesome health Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Environmental Studies: Experiments Projects Activities - Book 1 Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00