List of Tables
Energy and environment: an overview
1. Final commercial energy consumption (in MTOE) in India by sector.
Commercial energy balance tables and conversion factors
1. Main conversions used in the petroleum industry
2. Heat units and others expressed
3. Categorization of coking coal grades
4. Categorization of non-coking coal grades
5. Standard useful heat values.
6. Calorific values of different petroleum products.
7. Conversion factors of petroleum products.
2.1 Commercial energy balance (million tonnes of oil equivalent): 2012/13
2.2 Commercial energy balance (million tonnes of oil equivalent): 2011/12
2.3 Commercial energy balance (million tonnes of oil equivalent): 2010/11
2.4 Commercial energy balance (million tonnes of oil equivalent): 2009/10
2.5 Commercial energy balance (million tonnes of oil equivalent): 2008/09
Coal and lignite
1. Coal production in 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, and 2014/15 by company
2. Coal consumption pattern (in MT).
3. Coal handling by ports (MT).
4. Coal supply and demand (in MT)
5. Companies participating in the initial rationalization of linkages.
3.1 Coal resources of states (million tonnes) as on 1 April 2015
3.2 Coal resources (million tonnes) by category as on 1 April 2015
3.3 Lignite resources of states and union territories (million tonnes) as on 1 April 2015
3.4 Lignite mined out (in million tonnes) till 31 March 2015
3.5 Coal production (million tonnes) in various states: 2000/01–2014/15
3.6 All-India production (million tonnes) of coal, lignite, and other derivatives: 2000/01–2014/15.
3.7 Coal production (million tonnes) of various companies: 2000/01–2014/15
3.8 Coal dispatches (million tonnes) in various states: 2000/01–2014/15
3.9 Coal dispatches (million tonnes) of various companies: 2000/01–2014/15
3.10 Supply of indigenous coal ('000 tonnes) to steel plants: 2008/09–2013/14
3.11 Availability and consumption (million tonnes) of raw coal by sector: 2000/01–2014/15.
3.12 Indigenous coal supply plan (BE) and achievement 2014/15.
3.13 Output per man-shift (tonnes) in opencast and underground mining: 2000/01–2014/15
3.14 Inter-modal split of coal movement (million tonnes): 2000/01–2014/15
3.15 Traffic handled (million tonnes) at major ports: 2007/08–2014/15.
3.16 Customs duty structure on imported coal: 2010/11 .
3.17 Import (million tonnes) of coking and non-coking coal: 1991/92–2014/15
3.18 Comparison of gross calorific value and useful heat value for non-coking coal (with 6% moisture content).
3.19 a. Categorization of coal and coke3.19 b. Grades of coal.
3.20 Pricing of non-coking coal based on gross calorific value.
3.21 Revised rates of royalty (Rs/tonne)
3.22 Royalty paid (Rs million) on coal to the states: 1991/92–2012/13.
3.23 Average pithead unit value (Rs/tonne) of coal: 1974/75–2008/09
3.24 a. Allocation of coal and lignite blocks during 2014/15
b. Allotment of captive coal blocks as on 31 March 2014 by year and sector
3.25 Annual plan and actual expenditure (Rs million): 1993/94–2015/16
Additional tables in the CD
3.26 a. Raw coal feed and clean coal production (million tonnes) of washeries: 1995/96–2006/07
b. Coking coal washery performance ('000 tonnes): 2007/08–2013/14
c. Performance of non-coking coal washeries owned by collieries 2007/08–2013/14
3.27 Production (million tonnes) from coal washeries: 1990/91–2006/07
3.28 Coal pithead stock (million tonnes) of various companies: 1995/96–2014/15
3.29 Coal production (million tonnes) in various companies: 1993/94–2014/15
3.30 Supply of indigenous coal ('000 tonnes) to steel plants: 2000/01–2007/08
Petroleum and Natural Gas
1. Trend in onshore-offshore crude oil production (in MT)
2. Production of crude oil by region (in MT).
3. Top five countries from which India imported crude oil in 2014/15 (in MT).
4. Capacity, length, and operators of major crude pipelines.
5. Installed capacity and crude throughput
6. Gross refining margins (in $/bbl).
7. Production of petroleum products (in '000 tonnes).
8. Consumption of petroleum products (in '000 tonnes).
9. Imports of petroleum products (in '000 tonnes)
10. Exports of petroleum products (in '000 tonnes) .
11. Length and capacity of major petroleum product pipelines.
12. Under-recoveries to oil companies (in Rs crore) by product
13. Fiscal subsidy on PDS kerosene and domestic LPG (in Rs crore).
14. Share of under-recoveries (in Rs crore)
15. Production of natural gas (in BCM)
16. Production of onshore natural gas by region (in BCM).
17. Production of offshore natural gas by region (in BCM)
18. Existing and planned LNG terminals in India
19. Details of existing natural gas pipelines
20. Gas pipelines under construction
21. Offtake of natural gas by industry (in MCM).
22. Coalbed methane production in India (in mmscm)
Additional tables in the CD
4.1 Hydrocarbon discoveries by ONGC, OIL, PSC regime during 2013/14
4.2 Oil and natural gas reserves: 2005–2015
4.3 Production ('000 tonnes) of crude oil: 2000/01–2014/15
4.4 Production (million cubic metres) of natural gas: 2000/01–2014/15
4.5 Reserve replacement ratio and life of reserves for crude oil (million tonnes) and natural gas (billion cubic metres): 1995/96–2014/15
4.6 Installed refining capacity and refinery crude processing ('000 tonnes): 2007/08–2014/15
4.7 Production ('000 tonnes) of petroleum products: 2008/09–2014/15
4.8 Imports ('000 tonnes) and value (Rs million) of crude oil and petroleum products: 2007/08–2014/15
4.9 Exports ('000 tonnes) and value ( Rs million) of crude oil and petroleum products: 2007/08–2014/15
4.10 Sales/consumption of petroleum products ('000 tonnes): 2007/08–2014/15
4.11 Sector-wise consumption of natural gas (2008/09–2014/15) (in MMSCM)
4.12 Subsidies on major petroleum products ( Rs million): 1995/96–2008/09
4.13 Compressed natural gas activities in India as on 31 March 2015
4.14 Exploratory and developmental drilling by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd and Oil India Ltd: 2005/06–2014/15
4.15 Refinery crude throughput and production ('000 tonnes) of petroleum products: 2005/06–2014/15
4.16 Average annual compound growth rates of consumption of petroleum products (%)
4.17 Consumption ('000 tonnes) of major petroleum products, by state (public sector undertakings sales only): 2014/15
4.18 Development of spot prices of key Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, crudes ($ per barrel): 2006–14 (September)
4.19 Realization of excise and customs duties from crude oil and petroleum products (Rs million): 2005/06–2014/15
4.20 Consumer prices of natural gas (Rs/1000 cubic metres) (excluding royalty, taxes, and all statutory levies)
4.21 a. Tenth Five-year Plan outlay of public sector undertakings under the purview of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (Rs crore)
b. Twelfth Five-year Plan outlay and actual expenditure for petroleum and natural gas sectors (Rs crore)
c. Twelfth Five-year Plan outlay and actual expenditure for petroleum and natural gas sectors (Rs crore)
1. Transmission and distribution network (in ckt km).
2. Capacity addition target and achievement for the Twelfth Five-year Plan (MW) by sector and source.
3. Current status of smart grid pilot projects in India.
5.1 a. Installed capacity (MW) as on 31 March 2015.
b. Growth of installed electrical energy generation capacity (MW), utilities by mode.
5.2 Annual gross generation in utilities (GWh): 2010/11–2012/13
5.3 Annual plant load factor (%) of thermal/nuclear electricity generation plants, by state/union territory: 2012/13.
5.4 Installed capacity (MW) and generation (GWh): 1990/91–2012/13 (with respect to non-utilities of installed capacity 1 MW and above).
5.5 Length of transmission and distribution lines (ckt km) by region and state/union territory as on 31 March 2013.
5.6 Transmission and distribution losses as a percentage of availability in states/union territories: 2001/02–2012/13
5.7 a. Aggregate technical and commercial losses (%) for SEBs and PDs selling directly to the consumers: 2011/12–2013/14
b. Aggregate technical and commercial losses (%) for all discoms of unbundled states: 2011/12–2013/14
c. Aggregate technical and commercial losses (%) for utilities selling directly to consumers: 2009/10–2011/12
5.8 Energy sales to ultimate consumer utilities (GWh): 2012/13.
5.9 Number of consumers and connected load: 2000/01–2012/13
5.10 Per capita consumption (kWh) of electricity: 2000/01–2012/13.
5.11 Power supply position: peak demand versus peak met (2014/15).
5.12 Power supply position: requirement versus availability (April 2014–March 2015)
5.13 a. Status of consumer metering: 2006/07.
b. Number of consumers (in lakh): 2009/10–2013/14.
5.14 List of existing inter-regional links.
5.15 Details of nuclear power projects as on December 2015.
5.16 Progress report of village electrification as on 31 October 2015.
5.17 Electrification of rural households.
5.18 Status of hydroelectric potential development, in terms of installed capacity of above 25 MW as on 31 October 2015
5.19 Profit and loss of power utilities (Rs million) by state: 2011/12–2013/14
5.20 Status of reforms and restructuring in power sector
Additional tables in the CD
5.21 Plan outlay and expenditure (Rs million) for the power sector
5.22 Electricity generation and consumption (GWh) in selected industries having captive power plants of 1 MW and above: 2012/13
Renewable Energy Sources and Technologies
1. Status of bio-power (grid-connected/off-grid) and family–size biogas plants in India (till August 2015).
2. State-wise list of biomass gasifier plants installed in India with their capacity.
3. List of solar photovoltaic systems with different capacity and financed by MNRE
4. Details of some successfully operated biogas-based power plants with performance.
5. Biomass co-generation projects installed (MW capacity) in different states during 2014–15.
6. JNNSM targets and achievements.
6.1 a. Cumulative deployment of various renewable energy systems/devices in India as on 31 December 2014
b. State-wise renewable energy potential (MW)
6.2 Wind power cumulative installed capacity (MW) in India, by state: 2006–15.
6.3 Wind power installed capacity (MW) in India, by state: 2002/03–2014/15.
6.4 Wind power potential in India.
6.5 Potential, installed, and under implementation projects in small hydropower sector (up to 25 MW), by state (as on 31 December 2014).
6.6 National Biogas and Manure Management Programme (plants in number).
6.7 State-wise cumulative commissioned biomass power and bagasse cogeneration projects
6.8 Tentative state-wise breakup of renewable power target to be achieved by 2022.
1. Electricity consumption in the agriculture sector
2. Number of diesel and electric pumps used in India
3. Production, imports, and consumption of fertilizers (in thousand tonnes of nutrients).
4. Water requirement for irrigation in India (in BCM)
5. Efficiencies of various facilities for utilization of irrigation water
6. Comparison of water use in traditional and drip irrigation systems for different crops
7. State-wise potential and actual area under micro-irrigation in India
1. Annual growth rate of industrial production (%)
2. Production of aluminium by primary aluminium producers
3. Specific energy consumption for 2014.
4. Crude steel capacity and production in India (in MTPA).
5. Percentage share of different process routes in crude steel production.
6. Installed capacity of various fertilizers (in MTPA)
7. Installed capacity of fertilizer plants (urea) in India
8. Production of urea, diammonium phosphate, and complexes (in MT)
9. Production of spun yarn (in million kg).
10. Capacity share of major cement plants (2012/13).
11. General trend of SEC in Indian cement plants.
12. Product-wise installed capacity and production of alkali chemicals
13. Average operating SEC of the chlor-alkali sector
14. Production of paper from different raw materials in 2010/11 (in MT).
15. Installed capacity and production of selected pulp and paper mills for 2010/11
16. Distribution of enterprises by main source of energy
8.1 Installed capacity ('000 tonnes), production ('000 tonnes), and capacity utilization (%) in the major steel industry: 2007/08–2014/15
8.2 Installed capacity (lakh tonnes), production (lakh tonnes), and capacity utilization (%) in the fertilizer industry: 2000/01–2014/15
8.3 Import (lakh tonnes) of fertilizers: 2000/01–2014/15
8.4 Production of aluminium (in tonnes): 2006/07–2014/15.
8.5 Number of working, medium, small, and micro enterprises/industries: 1992/93–2013/14
1. Type and length of different road categories in India (as on 31 March 2013).
2. Status of NHDP phases
3. Total number of registered motor vehicles in India (2009–12) (in million).
4. Length of traction (in km) by gauge (as on 31 March 2014).
5. Details of National Waterways in India.
9.1 Key data on transport: 2000/01–2013/14.
9.2 Gross domestic product in the transport sector (million rupee): 1999/2000–2011/12
9.3 Consumption ('000 tonnes) of petroleum, oil, and lubricants in the transport sector: 2007/08–2014/15
9.4 Total length (kilometre) of national highways (as on 31 March): 2000–13.
9.5 Registered motor vehicles (thousand): 1951–2013
9.6 Registered motor vehicles (number) in India: 31 March 2013.
9.7 Indian shipping and gross registered tonnage (million): 2000–14
9.8 Capacity available (million tonnes) at major ports, by commodity: 2000–14
9.9 Cargo traffic handled (million tonnes) at major ports, by commodity: 2005/06–2014/15
9.10 Performance indicators of selected ports: 2009/10–2013/14
9.11 Performance of the railways: 2003/04–2013/14.
9.12 Railway traffic: 2000/01–2013/14.
9.13 Electrification of railway routes and tracks (kilometre): 2000/01–2013/14
9.14 Energy intensity in railways (consumption per thousand gross tonne-km): 2010/11–2013/14
9.15 Trends in relative rail and road traffic: 2000/01–2012/13
9.16 Consumption of fuel/energy in Indian Railways: 2009/10–2013/14
9.17 Traffic trends in terms of aircraft, passenger, and cargo movements: 2002/03–2014/15 .
9.18 Growth of civil aviation 2000/01–2014/15
9.19 Physical performance of Air India Limited: 2011/12–2014/15.
9.20 Share of different modes of transport in gross domestic product at basic and constant prices 2011/12–2013/14
9.21 Production of motor vehicles (number) in India: 2003/04–2013/14.
9.22 Total and surfaced road length (kilometre) by categories in India as on 31 March 2013.
9.23 Total road length (kilometre) and percentage share of each category of road (1951–2013)
9.24 Length (kilometre) of national highways in India: 2005–13 (as on 31 March)
Additional tables in the CD
9.25 Registered motor vehicles (in number) in million plus cities as on 31 March 2013
9.26 Vessel traffic at major ports (in number), by category: 2000/01–2013/14
9.27 Cargo traffic handled ('000 tonnes) at minor ports, by principal commodity: 2003/04–2013/14
1. Distribution of households on the basis of energy source for lighting.
2. Source of energy for domestic cooking in India
3. a. Percentage distribution of households by primary energy source for cooking (2001/02–2011/12)
b. Percentage distribution of households by primary energy source for lighting (2001/02–2011/12)
4. a. Distribution of rural households (per 1000) of each household type by primary source of energy for cooking
b. Distribution of urban households (per 1000) of each household type by primary source of energy for cooking
5. Progress in village electrification in India.
6. Electrical energy sales to ultimate consumers (utilities): 2012/13.
7. Consumption of LPG and SKO by the domestic sector
10.1 a. State-wise distribution of households based on source of energy for lighting
b. State-wise distribution of households by type of fuel used for cooking.
10.2 a. Source of energy for domestic lighting in rural India.
b. Source of energy for domestic lighting in urban India.
10.3 a. Source of energy for lighting in slum households
b. Source of energy for cooking in slum households
1. Forest cover of India in 2013.
2. Number of threatened species in India.
3. Details of protected areas in India (as on 6 October 2015)
11.1 a. Ambient SO2 levels in highly polluted cities (μg/m³): 1995–2012.
b. Ambient NOx levels in highly polluted cities (μg/m³): 1995–2012.
c. Ambient RSPM levels in highly polluted cities (μg/m³): 1999–2012.
11.2 Number of air monitoring stations in India violating the 24 hourly standards for a particular per cent of times in a year (2001–10)
11.3 Concentration of pollutants as a result of burning biofuels .
11.4 New National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for India
11.5 Interventions adopted to control vehicular emissions in the period 1991–2010
11.6 Available water resources: summary for India and world.
11.7 Municipal solid waste generation in India (2009–12)
1. Probability statements regarding RCP scenarios.
2. Level of CO2 emissions and per capita CO2 emissions in the world.
3. Emission trend across four major CO2-emitting countries.
4. Emissions related to energy.
5. Global emissions and emission gap under the implementation of INDCs
6. CO2 emissions in India (in MtCO2).
7. CO2 emissions within energy subsectors
8. GHG emission trends in India by gases (million tonnes of CO2 equivalent).
9. Total approved CDM projects in 2015.
10. National Action Plan on Climate Change
11. Current status of state action plans on climate change
12.1 Carbon dioxide emissions across world economies.
Sustainable Development Goals and Implications for India
1. Sustainable Development Goals for Agenda 2030
2. Efforts on reporting energy and environment data/statistics
Air Pollution and Health
1. Percentage of total global deaths due to causes attributed to air pollution
2. Total number of YLL, YLD, and DALY (in million) for 2000 and 2012 for male and female of all age groups for the diseases attributable to air pollution.
3. Indicative estimate of the economic costs of health impacts of ambient air pollution in OECD countries, India, and China in 2005 and 2010