List of Figures
Energy and environment: an overview
1. Commercial energy flow in India for 2012/13
Coal and lignite
1. All-India installed capacity (as on 31 March 2015)
2. Coal reserves in India (MT) (as on 1 April 2015)
3. Raw coal production over 10 years
4. Lignite production over 10 years
5. Production of coal from opencast and underground mining (in per cent) from 2005/06 to 2014/15
6. Import of coking and non-coking coal (in MT)
7. Coal transportation by various modes for 2014/15.
8. Accident and death rates in coal mines in India
Petroleum and natural gas
1. Quantity and value of crude oil imports in India
2. Imports of crude oil and petroleum products vis-a-vis total imports
3. Natural gas production in India by sector (in BCM).
4. Natural gas imports (in MT).
5. Geology of natural gas resources
1. Installed capacity by source (as on 31 March 2015).
2. Installed capacity by sector: 2013/14 versus 2014/15
3. Trend in electricity generation by source (from 2008/09 to 2014/15).
4. Electricity generation by sector (as on 31 March 2015)
5. Installed capacity of captive generation by source: 2011/12 versus 2012/13
6. Captive generation by source.
7. Trend in annual plant load factor of central, state, and private thermal stations from 2007/08 to 2014/15
8. System losses by region: 2011/12 versus 2012/13.
9. Trend in peak deficit from 2009/10 to 2014/15
10. Trend in energy deficit: 2009/10 to 2014/15.
11. Consumer-connected load by category (as on 31 March 2013).
12. Share of different segments within the total short-term transaction for 2014/15.
13. Trends in the price of short-term transactions of electricity (2014/15).
Renewable energy sources and technologies
1. Grid-connected renewable energy installed capacity and power sector in India
1. Foodgrain production of India.
2. HSD and LDO consumption in agriculture.
3. Number of tractors sold (from 1985/86 to 2014/15).
4. Number of power tillers sold (from 1985/86 to 2014/15)
5. Production of urea, diammonium phosphate, and other complex fertilizers (in MT)
6. Ultimate irrigation potential in India.
1. Energy consumption trends in urea plants
1. Consumption of high-speed diesel in different transport modes (in '000 tonnes)
2. Registered motor vehicles (in thousands) for 1951–2012
3. Share of consumption of different petroleum products in the road transport sector
4. Trend of originating passenger and passenger kilometre growth in railways (in million)
5. Trend of originating freight traffic and freight tonne kilometre growth in railways (in million).
6. Growth in the consumption of electricity and high-speed diesel by the railways for locomotive services.
7. Consumption of petroleum products in shipping (tonnes, %) during 2011/12.
8. Trend in the growth of domestic passengers and cargo in the aviation sector.
1. World population without access to electricity
2. a. Distribution of urban households (per 1000) of each household type by the primary source of energy for lighting
2. b. Distribution of households (per 1000) of each rural household type by the primary source of energy for lighting
3. Energy balance on a net calorific value basis—residential consumption in India
4. Consumption of electricity in India by sector (2013/14).
5. Consumption of electricity by the domestic sector (in '000 GWh).
6. All-India domestic LPG customers of oil-marketing companies (public sector undertakings) (as on 1 April 2015).
1. Urban population as a percentage of the total population of some selected countries.
2. Percentage of locations in residential/industrial/commercial/rural areas exceeding NAAQS.
3. Top 10 cities with highest NO2 values (annual average) in 2012
4. Top 10 cities with the highest PM10 values (annual average) in 2012
5. Prevalence of active tuberculosis, ARI, and partial/complete blindness in India by type of cooking fuel used.
6. BOD trend of waterbodies in India
7. Total coliform trend of waterbodies in India.
8. Faecal coliform trend of waterbodies in India.
9. Top 10 states generating the highest municipal solid waste per day (2009–12).
1. All-India annual mean temperature anomalies for 1901–2013 (based on the 1961–1990 average).
2. Spatial patterns of linear trends of (a) maximum and (b) minimum temperatures
3. Spatial patterns of trends (°C per 100 years) in mean annual temperature anomalies (1901–2014)
4. Sub-divisional trends of (a) seasonal and (b) monsoon rainfall for 1901–2003
5. Time series of active (upper panel) and break (lower panel) days during the monsoon season.
6. Over 1000 scenarios from the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report
7. India's primary energy demand by fuel type and related CO2 emissions in the INDC scenario.
Sustainable Development Goals and Implications for India
1. Key milestones leading to Agenda 2030.
Air Pollution and Health
1. Annual mean concentration of PM10 (μg/m3) in regions of the world.
2. Annual mean concentration of PM2.5 (μg/m3) in regions of the world
3. Leading causes of global deaths and premature deaths
4. Total global deaths attributable to household and ambient air pollution in 2012 (by region).
5. The number of global deaths in children due to acute lower respiratory infections.
6. Predicted average gain in life expectancy with a reduction in average annual levels of PM2.5 10 μg/m3 in 25 European cities .
7. Total deaths from ambient particulate matter and ozone pollution in India
8. Percentage distribution of deaths from ambient particulate matter pollution in India
9. Percentage by state of medically certified deaths due to diseases of the respiratory system in 2011
10. Total cases by state of ARI infection deaths due to diseases of the respiratory system in 2011