Renewable Energy Engineering And Technology Principles and Practice
Renewable Energy Engineering And Technology Principles and Practice - covers major renewable energy resources and technologies for various applications. The book is conceived as a standard reference book for students, experts, and policy-makers. It has been designed to meet the needs of these diverse groups. While covering the basics of scientific and engineering principles of thermal engineering, heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics, and renewable energy resource assessments, the book further deals with the basics of applied technologies and design practices for following renewable energy resources.br>
- Solar (thermal and photovoltaic)
- Bio-energy including liquid biofuels and municipal solid waste
- Other renewables such as tidal, wave, and geothermal
The book is designed to fulfil the much-awaited need for a handy, scientific, and easy-to-understand comprehensive handbook for design professionals and students of renewable energy engineering courses. Besides the sheer breadth of the topics covered, what makes this well-researched book different from earlier attempts is the fact that this is based on extensive practical experiences of the editor and the authors. Thus, a lot of emphasis has been placed on system sizing and integration. Ample solved examples using data for India make this book a relevant and an authentic reference.
• The book is an exhaustive compilation of renewable energy technology.
• The chapters have been written by experts from various fields.
• Photographs and graphs are presented with each chapter.
• State-of-the-art technologies are explained simply and in a lucid manner.
• The book will be an interesting read for a lay person interested in knowing about the recent advances in renewable energy.
The book is a handy, scientific, and easy-to-understand comprehensive handbook for design professionals and students of renewable energy engineering courses.
Table of Contents
• Energy and development: concerns of the current millennium
• Renewable energy utilization: desirability, feasibility, and the niches
• Review of basic scientific and engineering principles
• The solar energy resource
• Solar photovoltaic technology
• Solar thermal engineering
• Elements of passive solar architecture
• Wind energy resources
• Introduction to wind turbine technology
• Small hydro: resource and technology
• Geothermal energy, tidal energy, wave energy, and ocean thermal energy
• Bio-energy resources
• Thermo chemical conversion of biomass
• Biochemical methods of conversion
• Liquid fuels from biomass: fundamentals, process chemistry, and technologies
You may also like...
- Biogas: The Indian NGO experience Regular Price 195.00 Special Price 176.00
- Towards Cleaner Technologies: A process story in the Firozabad glass industry cluster Regular Price 200.00 Special Price 180.00
- Towards cleaner technologies: A Process story in Small-Scale Foundries Regular Price 200.00 Special Price 180.00
- Multiple Choice Questions on Renewable Energy Regular Price 395.00 Special Price 356.00