- Author(s): S Umesha
- Size: 160 mm × 240 mm
- Pages: 383
- Binding: Hardback
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9788179935033
- Cover Price:
Rs.795.00 / US $30.00
- Special Price: Rs. 715.00 / US $27.00
Plant biotechnology is a precise science which allows for the transfer of only one or a few desirable genes. It is through this precise science that plant breeders are able to develop crops with specific beneficial and desirable traits. Thus, plant biotechnology an important aspect of agriculture.
This book comprehensively covers almost every aspect of plant biotechnology—from tissue culture and its applications to plant transformation technology and molecular marker aided breeding. It also addresses the most recent advances in this much needed science.
- Comprehensive coverage of monitoring and evaluation of afforestation activities.
- Focus on various aspects of monitoring and evaluation of afforestation.
- Brief provided on the National Afforestation Project, including its intended monitoring and evaluation process and suggested modifications.
Postgraduates, researchers, academicians, and professionals of plant biotechnology, plant biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, agronomy, genetics; ethnobotany, ecology; nutritionists; pharmacists; plant breeders; ecologists, and conservationists
Table of Contents
• Tissue Culture
• Tissue Culture Applications
• Plant Transformation Technology
• Plant Genetic Engineering for Productivity and Performance
• Molecular Marker-aided Breeding
• Applications of Plant Biotechnology
• Greenhouse and Green Home Technology
• Biotechnological Applications
• Important Issues in Plant Biotechnology
You may also like...
- Biotechnology for food and nutritional security Regular Price 425.00 Special Price 367.00
Genetically Modified Organisms
Emerging Law and Policy in India Regular Price 795.00 Special Price 716.00
- Biopesticides for sustainable agriculture: prospects and constraints Regular Price 380.00 Special Price 342.00