Golden Greens: The Amazing World of Plant Book
Golden Greens: The Amazing World of Plants is a definitive introduction to everything you want to know about plants the world over. It meticulously describes the forms, habits and different facets and peculiarities of plants. Informative, thought-provoking and painstakingly researched, the book includes a number of case studies of rare and endangered plants species and emphasizes upon the importance of their conservation.
The trees and plants have long been part of our folklore, myths, epics, rituals, books, arts and daily life. While asserting their ecological importance the book systematically lays out the sociocultural roots of the various plants.
Interspersed with a large number of illustrations, Golden Greens is a must-read not only for students of botany and environmental science, but all others who are curious to learn about the myriad ways in which plants impact our lives.
General Reader, Students of Botany and Environmental Science, Researchers
Table of Contents
- Leguminous Beauties
- Known but Unknown
- Mesmerizing Tulips
- An Exotic Palm from Madagascar
- The Flying Machines
- A Rainbow of Natural Colours
- They Conquered the World
- Beans of Repute
- Bamboo: The Giant Grasses
- Wealth of the Herbal World
- Antique and Glorious: The Proteaceae Family
- The Green Gun
- The Unusual, Vulnerable, Rare, and Threatened
- List of Botanical Names of Plants
- Names of Some Plants in Different Indian Languages
You may also like...
- Environmental threats, vulnerability, and adaptation: case studies from India Regular Price 400.00 Special Price 360.00
- Microbial Genetics Regular Price 550.00 Special Price 495.00
- Recombinant DNA Technology Regular Price 595.00 Special Price 536.00
- Environmental Studies: basic concepts Regular Price 295.00 Special Price 265.00