HealthGIS: Managing Health Geospatially
- Author(s): Nitin Kumar Tripathi, P K Joshi and Hamid Mehmood
- Size: 190 mm × 250 mm
- Pages: 240
- Binding: Paperback
- ISBN: 9788179933251
- Cover Price:
Rs.450.00 / US $30.00
- Special Price: Rs. 405.00 / US $27.00
Human health has always been a priority for our well-being. It is influenced by the location of initiation, spread and services available and more importantly, by facilities that make such services more effective and affordable while optimizing resource use and deliverance. To this, geoinformatics help leveraging limited resources and multiply the positive impact of benefits of individuals, families, and society.
This edited volume includes the art of this technology for investigating, assessment, monitoring and developing management plans for early warning of emerging diseases from dreaded epidemics. It is the collection of most recent research initiatives, approaches and innovations using GIS, remote sensing, and GPS around the globe to develop practical applications of public health knowledge to personal health intervention.
Both researchers and policy-makers can benefit from the experiences and evaluation of the studies.
• Comprehensive information on the latest developments in geoinformatics applied to healthcare planning and management.
• Articles ranging over a wide variety of applications including IT and health, viral diseases, GIS database, real-time and early warning systems and advances in environmental monitoring and health surveillance.
• Highlights the potential usage of geoinformatics in healthcare planning and management.
• A compendium for students, researchers, and teachers working in health sector.
Table of Contents
• IT and Health
• Viral Diseases
• Healthcare Planning and Management
• Emerging Diseases
• Health GIS Databases
• Advances in Environmental Monitoring and Health
• Realtime and Early Warning Systems
You may also like...
- Tectonics of the eastern Continental Margin of India Regular Price 1495.00 Special Price 1346.00
- Geoinformatics for Climate Change Studies Regular Price 995.00 Special Price 896.00
- Geographic Information System Regular Price 200.00 Special Price 180.00