Sustainable Urban Planning
Developing an approach for sustainable planning framework in the Indian context is extremely complex due to the diversity in the urban and metropolitan regions in the country. Sustainable Urban Planning attempts to clarify the planning process and sets a broad framework of urban planning in the country. The book focuses on the planning reality of fundamental dimensions of sustainability and explains a work framework of the dynamics of sustainable planning in India.
The present book clarifies the planning process to students, who are trying to work in the Indian context. It presents in three sections a set of interwoven discussions. Section one operates on the corpus of planning reality to disentangle the sutras of fundamental dimensions of sustainability and the interrelationship between these sutras to re-explain a working framework of the dynamics of sustainable planning in India. Section two expands on each of the dimensions, explaining their divergent parameters and their indispensable roles in the making of such a framework. Section three synthesizes all of them to form the framework itself.
• Provides a framework of sustainable planning in India
• Integrates the concepts of livability and affordability
• Compares inequality and sustainability in the Indian planning context
• Explains the impact of facility design and management on the future of sustainable planning in India
Students, Researchers and Professionals of Sustainable Architecture, Sustainable Design
Table of Contents
Section 1: Initiating a Framework
• Sustainable development in Indian Urban and Metropolitan Contexts: Constituent Dimensions
Section 2: Dimensions of the Framework
• Assessment of Livability Variations in the Indian Context
• Impact of Affordability Thresholds on Indian Urban and Regional Planning Context
• Applicability of Inequality Variations in Understanding Indian Urban and Regional Agglomerations
Section 3: Proposing the Framework
• Towards a Framework of Sustainable Development in the Indian Context
You may also like...
- The WTO and Sustainable Development Regular Price 525.00 Special Price 475.00
- Energy, environment, poverty: opportunities for global business Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- Improving Earthquake and Cyclone Resistance of Structures: guidelines for the Indian subcontinent Regular Price 995.00 Special Price 896.00
- Participatory rural energy planning Regular Price 350.00 Special Price 315.00