Soil and Groundwater Pollution from Agricultural Activities
This book introduces the major agricultural activities in India and their impact on soil and groundwater. It lists the basic aspects of agricultural activities and introduces soil properties, classification and processes, groundwater characteristics, movement and recharge aspects. It further discusses soil and groundwater pollution from various sources, impacts of irrigation, drainage, fertiliser and pesticide. Finally, the book dwells upon conservation and management of groundwater and soil.
• Comprehensive coverage of the syllabus
• Content presented in a structured manner for better comprehension and retention
• Learning activities included in all chapters with answers at the end to aid in revision.
• Simple and lucid language
• Self-explanatory diagrams and figures
Post graduate students of engineering and environmental science, technical institutes, and government departments.
Table of Contents
• Agricultural Activities and Environmental Impacts
• Soil - Processes and Properties
• Groundwater Hydrology
• Soil and Groundwater Pollution
• Irrigation and Drainage: Impacts and Remedial Measures
• Environmental Impacts of Fertilisers
• Pesticides and Environmental Impacts
• Monitoring of Soil and Groundwater Pollution
• Soil and Groundwater Treatment
• Conservation and Management of Soil and Groundwater
You may also like...
- Common property water resources: Dependence and Institutions in India's Villages Regular Price 850.00 Special Price 765.00
- Hydrology of Small Watersheds Regular Price 550.00 Special Price 500.00
- Alternative development paths: scope for mobilizing Regular Price 750.00 Special Price 675.00
- Looking beyond Johannesburg: scientific perspectives on strengthening partnerships in water and energy Regular Price 350.00 Special Price 315.00