The WTO and Sustainable Development
- Author(s): Gary P Sampson
- Size: 140 mm x 210 mm
- Pages: 266
- Binding: Paperback
- Weight: 350 gms
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9788179930823
- Cover Price:
Rs.525.00 / US $22.00
- Special Price: Rs. 475.00 / US $20.00
This book is a crucial first step in identifying and exploring the issues
that fall under the umbrellas of sustainable development and the
expanded agenda of trade policy.
Published by United Nations University Press in 2005, the reprint of this title is now available in India and South Asia at special rates.
This book will be of interest to academics, business community, government officials, and both intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
Table of Contents
Introduction and overview
Trade liberalization, market access and sustainable development
Discrimination, WTO rules and sustainable development
WTO Agreements and standards
MEAs, the WTO and sustainable development
Biotechnology, sustainable development and the WTO
Trade in services and sustainable development
Special and differential treatment and sustainable economic development: Substance and process
Changing importance and perceptions of the WTO
World trade and environment organizations Coherence and sustainable development
You may also like...
- Energy, environment, poverty: opportunities for global business Regular Price 150.00 Special Price 135.00
- CITIES: steering towards sustainability Regular Price 595.00 Special Price 536.00
- Business Unusual - Vol 2 Regular Price 190.00 Special Price 171.00
- Policy Analysis for Effective Development: Strengthening Transition Economies Regular Price 725.00 Special Price 653.00